Saturday, August 28, 2010

All About Me

My name is Katharina, but everyone calls me Kat.

I was born and raised in Germany, and I was 10 years old when I made the move to the United States with my dad, but sadly the rest of my family stayed in Germany, and I only get to see them once every other year.

I came over here not speaking one word of English, except for being able to count to ten.

I went to a German private school, and was able to pick up the language in as little as a year.

Since English is my second language, I always seem to struggle a little bit with grammar and the correct use of certain words, but I do my best and always proofread my papers and writings.

I transferred to San Jose State in fall, and this is my first semester here.

I'm planning on majoring in advertising in hopes of being able to work with magazines, and do beauty advertisements for them, and I also hope to graduate in two years, and be able to start my career right away.

In my free time, I enjoy going on hikes or to the park with my roommate and our three dogs.

I love animals, and we are always trying to save the world by helping one animal at a time.

I rescued my dog Cola, who was locked in a cage in someone's backyard for four years, where he was beaten and abused, but with a little love and care, he's now the best dog ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment